- The original box does not make what was in the box work better. Keep in mind what you are buying, and why.
- It probably doesn’t hurt to know how important the original box is to the person from whom you are buying as well. Keep in mind what they think they are selling, and why.
- Quotes don’t mean a goddamn thing, this one included, unless they are at least accompanied by thoughts. You can scratch the word “free” on your cell wall all you want.
- ALL CAPS MAKE IMPORTANT-LOOKING RECTANGLES OUT OF WORDS, WHICH IS IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO LOOK IMPORTANT. THEY ALSO MAKE IT HARDER TO READ THE WORDS. THERE’S A METAPHOR IN THERE SOMEWHERE, I JUST KNOW IT.
- Until you have stopped studying something and started doing it, please STFU about it. If this process has taken less than three years, then please continue to STFU. Nothing is more tiresome that someone publicly dragging themselves towards a fully-formed thought.
And I oughta know!
- Sometimes the best way to get a point across is to figure out how the person you are talking to would expect to hear it. If they only listen to people who are normally angrier than you are, then, for their benefit, you may need to pretend you are angry. The above is an example.
- The same applies to money. If a client will only listen to someone who is more full of crap and more expensive than you are, then you should walk away before you get set in the role of weak second option.
- You can always try coming back later, with more crap and a higher price tag, but make SURE you have a better haircut and nicer clothes when you do.
- Corollary: The mark-up on crap is damn close to infinite. The markup on haircuts and clothes, less so. There is no markup on expertise.
- You can not force a cat to look at anything in particular, even if you hold its head. The hardest way to catch a rabbit is by chasing it. Yelling at a dog is a poor way to make it be quiet. Running straight at a bull will not stop it. You don’t need to know this kind of thing when you start a job, but you WILL need to learn it as you go along. If it becomes apparent that you are not smarter than the job you are trying to do, go do something else.
- On any guitar with a trem, it’s better to change one string at a time.
Spam sez “This Versace bracelet will make you look expensive and fashionable. We can offer you a wide range of Cartier neklaces at the lowest prices.“